Graph Data Integration and Exchange
Data exchange and data integration are two essential tasks of database interoperability. Data exchange (Fagin et al. 2005) is the problem of translating data structured under a source schema into data adhering to a target schema. Virtual data integration (Lenzerini 2002) on the other hand refers to combining data residing in different sources and providing the user with a unified view of these data, typically by means of a global schema.
Both data exchange and data integration essentially exploit a set of assertions relating elements of the source schema(s) with elements of the target (respectively, global) schema, called schema mappings. Such assertions typically are expressed in the form of logical implication (or equivalence) and express query containment (or equivalence) for query expressions over the respective schemas.
An important difference between data exchange and (virtual) data integration is that in data exchange we require the target database to be materialized....
- Angles R, Arenas M, Barceló P, Hogan A, Reutter JL, Vrgoc D (2017) Foundations of modern query languages for graph databases. ACM Comput Surv 50(5):68:1–68:40Google Scholar
- Barceló P, Libkin L, Reutter JL (2011) Querying graph patterns. In: Proceedings of the 30th ACM SIGMOD-SIGACT-SIGART symposium on principles of database systems, PODS 2011, Athens, 12–16 June 2011, pp 199–210Google Scholar
- Barceló P, Pérez J, Reutter JL (2012) Relative expressiveness of nested regular expressions. In: Proceedings of the 6th Alberto Mendelzon international workshop on foundations of data management, Ouro Preto, 27–30 June 2012, pp 180–195Google Scholar
- Barceló P, Pérez J, Reutter JL (2013) Schema mappings and data exchange for graph databases. In: Joint 2013 EDBT/ICDT conferences, ICDT’13 proceedings, Genoa, 18–22 Mar 2013, pp 189–200Google Scholar
- Boneva I, Bonifati A, Ciucanu R (2015) Graph data exchange with target constraints. In: Proceedings of the workshops of the EDBT/ICDT 2015 joint conference (EDBT/ICDT), Brussels, 27 Mar 2015, pp 171–176Google Scholar
- Bonifati A, Ileana I, Linardi M (2016) Functional dependencies unleashed for scalable data exchange. In: Proceedings of the 28th international conference on scientific and statistical database management, SSDBM 2016, Budapest, 18–20 July 2016, pp 2:1–2:12Google Scholar
- Calvanese D, De Giacomo G, Lenzerini M, Vardi MY (2000a) View-based query processing and constraint satisfaction. In: 15th annual IEEE symposium on logic in computer science, Santa Barbara, 26–29 June 2000, pp 361–371Google Scholar
- Calvanese D, De Giacomo G, Lenzerini M, Vardi MY (2000b) View-based query processing for regular path queries with inverse. In: Proceedings of the nineteenth ACM SIGMOD-SIGACT-SIGART symposium on principles of database systems, Dallas, 15–17 May 2000, pp 58–66Google Scholar
- Calvanese D, De Giacomo G, Lenzerini M, Vardi MY (2001) View-based query answering and query containment over semistructured data. In: Database programming languages, 8th international workshop, DBPL 2001, Frascati, 8–10 Sept 2001, Revised Papers, pp 40–61Google Scholar
- Calvanese D, De Giacomo G, Lenzerini M, Vardi MY (2012) Query processing under GLAV mappings for relational and graph databases. PVLDB 6(2):61–72Google Scholar
- Fan W, Lu P (2017) Dependencies for graphs. In: Proceedings of the 36th ACM SIGMOD-SIGACT-SIGAI symposium on principles of database systems, PODS 2017, Chicago, 14–19 May 2017, pp 403–416Google Scholar
- Fan W, Fan Z, Tian C, Dong XL (2015) Keys for graphs. PVLDB 8(12):1590–1601Google Scholar
- Florescu D, Levy AY, Suciu D (1998) Query containment for conjunctive queries with regular expressions. In: Proceedings of the seventeenth ACM SIGACT-SIGMOD-SIGART symposium on principles of database systems, Seattle, 1–3 June 1998, pp 139–148Google Scholar
- Francis N, Libkin L (2017) Schema mappings for data graphs. In: Proceedings of the 36th ACM SIGMOD-SIGACT-SIGAI symposium on principles of database systems, PODS 2017, Chicago, 14–19 May 2017, pp 389–401Google Scholar
- Lenzerini M (2002) Data integration: a theoretical perspective. In: Proceedings of the twenty-first ACM SIGACT-SIGMOD-SIGART symposium on principles of database systems, Madison, 3–5 June 2002, pp 233–246Google Scholar
- Libkin L, Martens W, Vrgoc D (2016) Querying graphs with data. J ACM 63(2):14:1–14:53Google Scholar