Oral Manifestations of Systemic Disease
Many systemic diseases have oral manifestations and they must be recognised. This review will summarise the oral manifestations in the main groups of system diseases such as connective tissue, nutritional, haematological and gastrointestinal disorders and drugs.
KeywordsSystemic diseases Oral manifestations Connective tissue disorders Vitamin deficiencies
- 1.Mayes MD, Lacey JU, Beebee-Dimmer J, Gillespie BW, Cooper B, Laing TJ, et al. Prevalence incidence survival and disease characteristics of systemic sclerosis in a large US population. Arthritis Rheum. 2003;48: 246–55.Google Scholar
- 9.Yung RL, Francis S. Sjogren’s syndrome in the elderly. Chap29 in Y Nakasaki and RL Yung (eds). Geriatric Rheumatology: A comprehensive approach. Springer Science + Business Media, LLC 2011.Google Scholar
- 15.Casiglia JM, Mirowski GW. Oral manifestations of systemic disease. http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1081029-oveview updated 15 Jan 2009.
- 16.Kalmer J. Oral manifestations of drug reactions. http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1080772-overview, updated Oct 19,2006. Chalmers JM. Geriatric oral health issues in Australia. Int Dent J. 2001;51:188–99.
- 21.Amanat D, Zahed M. diseases: a Review. https://www.researchgare.nrt/publication/257136828_Oral_Manifeststion-of_Systemic_Diseases_a_Review. Accessed 17 January 2027.