- Omics technology
Technology used in the integration of genomics, proteomics, and metabolomics; high throughput isolation, identification and functional characterization of genes, their protein (peptide) products, and associated biochemical pathways and interactions.
Methods that involve the use of optics, genetics, and DNA recombinant technology to target distinct neuronal populations from brain tissue slices (ex vivo) with genes that produce bacterial opsins. These ion-channel membrane-associated proteins can be stimulated selectively by light and visualized through fluorescent tagging. The essential reagents used in optogenetics are light-sensitive proteins. Neuronal control is achieved using optogenetic enhancers, while optical recording of neuronal activities can be made with the help of optogenetic sensors for calcium, vesicular release, neurotransmitter, or membrane voltage (McElligott 2015; Touriño et al. 2013).
A term coined to describe a...
KeywordsPersonality Disorder Weizmann Institute Excitatory Amino Acid Transport Neuronal Excitation Personalized Healthcare
- Beaty, R., Kaufman, S., Benedek, M., Jung, R., Kenett, Y., Jauk, E., Neubauer, A., & Silvia, P. (2015). Personality and complex brain networks: The role of openness to experience in default network efficiency. Human Brain Mapping, 37, 773–779. doi:10.1002/hbm.23065.CrossRefPubMedPubMedCentralGoogle Scholar
- Cern, R. (2016). Novel high throughput approach to evaluate state dependence and selectivity of voltage gated ion channels. Webinar retrieved from http://www.labroots.com/webinar/novel-applications-automated-electrophysiology-ion-channel-drug-discovery?
- EMBL-EBI. (2016). Interpro sequence analysis and classification. Retrieved from http://www.ebi.ac.uk/interpro/entry/IPR013086
- Janowsky, A., Neve, K., & Eshleman, A. (2001). Uptake and release of neurotransmitters. Current Protocols in Neuroscience, 2, 7.9.1–7.9.22.Google Scholar
- NCBI PubChem Open Chemistry DataBase. (2016). Bioassay Record for AID 567. Retrieved from https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gooassay/567#section=Topv/bi
- NIH HumanConnectome Project. (2016). Retrieved from http://www.humanconnectomeproject.org/
- SaBiosciences a Qiagen Company. (2016). Neuroscience. Retrieved from http://sabiosciences.com/neuroscience.php
- Stachniak, T., Ghosh, A., & Sternson, S. (2014). Chemogeentic synaptic silencing of neural circuit localizes a hypothalamus-midbrain pathway for feeding behaviour. Neuron, 82, 797–808. doi: 10.1016/j.neuron.2014.04.008. Epub 2014 Apr 24.Google Scholar
- Weizmann Institute of Science. (2016a). The human disease database. Retrieved from http://www.malacards.org/search/results/personality%20disorders
- Weizmann Institute of Science. (2016b). The human gene database. Retrieved from http://www.genecards.org/cgi-bin/carddisp.pl?gene=SLC6A4
- Wilde, G. (2016). The benefits of combining optogenetics, microscopy and electrophysiology. Webinar. Retrieved from http://www.labroots.com/webcast/the-benefits-of-combining-optogenetics-microscopy-and-electrophysiology