“Vaygach” – a Russian icebreaker built in 1909 in St. Petersburg on Neva Shipbuilding Plant at the same time with “Taymyr” to perform hydrographical works in the Arctic seas. A. V. Kolchak controlled the construction of the ship and subsequently was appointed as commander by supreme order. Its length is 60 m, width is 11.9 m, draft is 4.8 m, water displacement is 1,359 tons, and duty of its steam engines is 1,200 hp. Endurance at economical propulsion (7–8 knots) is 11,000 miles. The ship hull was of an egg shape which enabled it to tolerate heavy ice pressure; it had a double bottom and an ice belt. The speed in ice-free water reached 10.5 knots. The first long trip of the “V.” is the passage from the Baltic Sea to the Far East waters along the southern route. From 1910 to 1915, “V.” and “Taymyr” served a base from an expedition in the Arctic Ocean, which remapped almost all the coast of Russia and made a number of geographic discoveries. In 1911 “V.” circles Wrangel Island for the first time. In 1913, together with “Taymyr,” it discovered a big island within the Severnaya Zemlya Archipelago; in 1914–1915, for the first time in the history of the Arctic navigation, it traversed the Northern Sea Route from the east to the west (from Vladivostok to Arkhangelsk) staying for the winter in the region of Vilkitsky Strait. “V.” got crashed in 1918 having hit by a rock in the Yenisei Gulf.