Ushakovskoye – a settlement located in Rogers Bay on Wrangel Island, on Chukchi Sea Coast, Chukotka Autonomous Okrug, Russia. U. was founded by the G.A. Ushakov expedition in 1926. Originally the population of the settlement consisted of the Chukchis, the Eskimos, and the Russians. The settlement grew and developed. In the 1970s it had the local council, a hospital, a post office, a school with residential facilities, a kindergarten, a fuel storage and bulk storage of coal, a local club with the cinema, a modest museum of natural history, an office of the Wrangel Island Nature Reserve, “Rogers” Airport, and other facilities. At the navigation period, the island had a temporary peer for towboats. In the 1980s U. had a checkpoint, a radio communication station, and a restored beacon. In 1984, a monument depicting a map and a bas-relief of Georgy Ushakov was erected in U. by the Geographical Society of the USSR. In 1997, it was decided to relocate the U. inhabitants to the settlement of Mys Shmidta on the continent. Starting from 2003 the settlement almost ceased to exist.
The settlement was named after G.A. Ushakov, a prominent explorer of the Arctic and founder of the polar station in Rogers Bay.