The Eastern Arctic Seas Encyclopedia

2016 Edition
| Editors: Igor S. Zonn, Andrey G. Kostianoy, Aleksandr V. Semenov

“Stavropol”

Reference work entry
DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-24237-8_503

“Stavropol” – a vessel built in Szczecin, Poland, in 1907. The body is fitted with continuous double floor and outer lining. The maximum length is 65 m, width 10 m, hold depth – 7 m, and capacity around 1,210 reg. tons. In 1926 “S.” sailed to the Wrangel Island, carrying G. A. Ushakov and 59 other people (Russian and Eskimo) aboard.

Copyright information

© Springer International Publishing Switzerland 2016