Pronchishcheva Bay – juts into the eastern shore of the Taymyr Peninsula, the Laptev Sea. The bay has a very twisty shape and protrudes into the shore for approx. 55 km, first branching into three reaches and then into two parts. The width of the entrance is approx. 3 km. The greatest depth is 22 m. The banks are sublime and almost everywhere plunge down to the water. Most of the year, the bay is covered with ice. The height of the tide in the bay is 1.8–2.0 m. A polar station was located here (1934–1990). The bay is discovered by V. V. Pronchishchev and named in 1913 by the expedition of B. A. Vilkitsky after T. F. Pronchishcheva.