Malyi Taymyr – an island in the southeastern part of the Severnaya Zemlya archipelago, the Laptev Sea, in the Taymyr (Dolgan-Nenets) Autonomous District. It is located to the northeast of Cape Chelyuskin, Russia. Its length is 30 km and width is 10 km. The total area is approximately 100 km2. The height is up to 31 m. It is built of fluvioglacial and marine sediments (sand, loam). The vegetation is Arctic moss-lichen tundra. Polar station operated from 1943 to 1994. It was discovered in 1913 by the hydrographic expedition of the Arctic Ocean under the command of Captain 2nd rank B.A. Vilkitsky. In 1914, by decree of Emperor Nicholas II, the island was named the Island of Tsarevich Alexei. In 1926, the island was renamed as Malyi Taymyr by a decree of the USSR.