A cape that was named by K.P. Laptev (1739) in honor of St. Faddey, because it was his fete on the day the cape was discovered (21 August Old Style). Later both the bay and the islands were named after the cape (1913).
A group of islands in the Laptev Sea, by the east coast of the Taymyr Peninsula in the area of the Faddey Bay. The FIs consists of three small islands: Faddeyya-Yuzhnyy Island, Faddeyya-Vostochnyy Island, and Faddeyya-Severnyy Island, which were named by the Soviet hydrographers according to their position in the group of islands and in honor of F.G. Bellingshausen. The islands are low, with rocky cliffs on the northeast coast and the opposite side sloping down to the sea. The largest island – the Faddeyya-Severnyy Island (4 km in length) – is famous for being the place (along with the Simsa Bay, lying west), where the northernmost (77°N) encampments of Russian pathbreakers on the entire continent of Eurasia were found in 1940–1941 together with a wrecked koch.
A bay of rectangular shape, located on the northeast coast of the Laptev Sea, by the Taymyr Peninsula. It is limited by the Pronchishchev Coast in the west. The bay is more than 35 km long and 20–25 km wide and has the maximum depth of 23 m. The Faddey Islands are located at the entrance to the bay. The Faddey River flows into the bay. The FB is covered by ice for most of the year. The western shore of the bay is included into the “Chelyuskin Peninsula” section of the Great Arctic Reserve. The bay was explored and mapped in 1913 by the Hydrographic Expedition of the Arctic Ocean on the icebreaking steamers “Vaygach” and “Taymyr” under the command of Captain 2nd Rank B.A. Vilkitsky and named after the Faddey Cape.