- 52 Downloads
Evan Imber-Black, Ph.D., is Professor and Program Director, Marriage and Family Therapy Program, at Mercy College, Dobbs Ferry, NY. She is also a Senior Faculty Member and the Director, Center for Families and Health, at the Ackerman Institute for the Family in New York City. She also maintains a private practice in Couple and Family Therapy. Dr. Imber-Black is an internationally renowned leader in the field of family therapy.
Evan Imber-Black (formerly Imber Coppersmith) was born and raised in Chicago. She received a B.A. with honors in History and Education, Roosevelt University, Chicago; an M.S. in Counseling Psychology, California State University, Hayward, California; and a Ph.D. in Counselor Education, Specialization in Family Therapy, University of Pittsburgh (1977).
Early in her career in the 1970s, Dr. Imber-Black was drawn to systemic theory, training, and practice in the emerging field of family therapy. In community-based practice positions, she was...
KeywordsAmerican Association For Marriage And Family Therapy (AAMFT) Evan Imber-Black Mercy University Psychosocial Training American Family Therapy Academy (AFTA)
- Imber-Black, E. (1988). Families and larger systems: A Therapist's guide through the labyrinth. New York: Guilford Press. (also German, Finnish and Spanish editions).Google Scholar
- Imber-Black, E. (1993). Secrets in families and family therapy. New York: Norton. (also German, Portuguese and Spanish editions).Google Scholar
- Imber-Black, E. (1998). The secret life of families: Truth-telling, privacy and reconciliation in a tell-all society. New York: Bantam Books. (also French, Spanish, German, Japanese, Turkish and Chinese editions).Google Scholar
- Imber-Black, E., & Roberts, J. (1992). Rituals for our times: Celebrating, healing and changing our lives and our relationships. New York: HarperCollins. (also German, Portuguese, Spanish and Chinese editions).Google Scholar
- Imber-Black, E., Roberts, J., & Whiting, R. (2003). Rituals in families and family therapy (2nd ed.). New York: Norton. (1st ed., 1988; also German and Spanish editions).Google Scholar