K-12 Education Opportunities
K-12 education programs – Selected NASA and international education programs (curriculum materials and events) suitable for kindergarten students through precollege students in the 12th grade
Within the National Aeronautics and Space Act of 1958 (unamended), that created the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, is a mandate that states “The Congress hereby declares that it is the policy of the United States that activities in space should be devoted to peaceful purposes for the benefit of all mankind” (NASA 1958).
It was a powerful mandate that led humans to the Moon, sent robot explorers to the far reaches of the solar system, established a permanent presence in Earth orbit, and impacted virtually all aspects of human life on Earth.
Expansion of human knowledge of the phenomenon in the atmosphere and space
Development of new space vehicles capable of carrying instruments and...
- BCM (2015) BioEd Online http://www.bioedonline.org/
- Garner L, Gallo M (2005) Field trips and their effect on student achievement and attitudes: a comparison of physical versus virtual field trips to the Indian River lagoon. J Coll Sci Teach 34(5):14–17Google Scholar
- NASA (1958) National aeronautics and space act of 1958 (unamended). Public Law #85-568, 72 Stat, 426. Declaration of Policy and Purpose. http://history.nasa.gov/spaceact.html
- NASA (1990) Get away special: the first ten years. NASA-TM-102921, p 13Google Scholar
- NASA Curriculum Resources (2015) https://www.nasa.gov/education/materials/#.VbrVcRNVhBc
- NASA Education Projects (2015) http://www.nasa.gov/offices/education/programs/descriptions/Students-rd.html
- NASA Space Station Research & Technology (2015) http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/station/research/benefits/global_education.html
- NGSS (2015) National Research Council, Washington DC. http://www.nextgenscience.org/
- Orion’s Quest (2015) http://www.orionsquest.org/2015/program.php
- Park Seed Company (2015) Seeds in space. http://parkseed.com/seeds-in-space/a/13
- SSEP (2015) SSEP student spaceflight experiments program. http://ssep.ncesse.org/
- Summerlin L (ed) (1977) Skylab, classroom in space. National Aeronautics and Space Administration SP-401Google Scholar
- Tomatosphere (2015) Welcome to Tomatosphere. http://tomatosphere.org/
- Vogt G (1983) The space shuttle – projects for young scientists. Franklin Watts, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Weiman C, Moon C (2008) Forward, NASA’s elementary and secondary education program, review and critique. The National Academies Press, Washington, DCGoogle Scholar
- White R, Lujan B (1994) Human physiology in space student’s manual. National Aeronautics and Space Administration, Washington, DCGoogle Scholar