Group Representation and Profiling
- IPTV (Internet Protocol Television)
A system through which television services are delivered using the Internet protocol suite over a packet-switched network such as the Internet
- ROI (Return on Investment)
A performance measure used to evaluate the efficiency of an investment or to compare the efficiency of a number of different investments
- VoD (Video on Demand)
A system which allows users to select and watch/listen to video or audio content on demand
Introduction: Why Profiling Groups?
In order to satisfy increasing needs for service personalization, mastering the knowledge of individual user profiles is no longer sufficient. Indeed, there exist numerous services which are consumed in a social or virtual environment. For example, to provide personalization services with a real added value for interactive IPTV, its content needs to be adapted (through...
- Jameson A (2004) More than the sum of its members: challenges for group recommender systems. In: Proceedings of the international working conference on advanced visual interfaces, Gallipoli. ACM, New York, pp 48–54Google Scholar
- McCarthy JF, Anagnost TD (1998) MusicFX: an arbiter of group preferences for computer supported collaborative workouts. In: Proceedings of the 1998 ACM conference on computer supported cooperative work, Seattle, pp 363–372Google Scholar
- Nandi A, Aghasaryan A, Bouzid M (2011) P3: a privacy preserving personalization middleware for recommendation based services. In: Proceedings of 4th hot topics in privacy enhancing technologies symposium, OttawaGoogle Scholar
- O’Connor M, Cosley D, Konstan JA, Riedl J (2001) PolyLens: a recommender system for groups of users. In: Proceedings of ECSCW, Bonn, pp 199–218Google Scholar