Stream reasoning refers to inference approaches and deduction mechanisms which are concerned with providing continuous inference capabilities over dynamic data. The paradigm shift from current batch-like approaches toward timely and scalable stream reasoning leverages the natural temporal order in data streams and applies windows-based processing to complex deduction tasks that go beyond continuous query processing such as those involving preferential reasoning, constraint optimization, planning, uncertainty, non-monotonicity, non-determinism, and solution enumeration.
We are witnessing an unprecedented shift in the available quantity and quality of data drawn from all aspects of our lives, opening tremendous new opportunities but also significant challenges for scalable decision analytics due to its dynamicity. This makes it harder to go from data to insightand support effective decision-making. Such...
KeywordsQuery Processing Stream Processing Smart City Continuous Query Query Answering
- 5.Phuoc DL, Dao-Tran M, Parreira JX, Hauswirth M. A native and adaptive approach for unified processing of linked streams and linked data. In: International Semantic Web Conference; 2011. vol. 1, p. 370–88.Google Scholar
- 8.Cugola G, Margara A. Processing flows of information: from data stream to complex event processing. ACM Comput Surv. 2012;44:15:1–15:62.Google Scholar
- 9.Valle ED, Schlobach S, Krötzsch M, Bozzon A, Ceri S, Horrocks I. Order matters! Harnessing a world of orderings for reasoning over massive data. Semantic Web. 2013;4:219–31.Google Scholar
- 10.Brewka G, Eiter T. Equilibria in heterogeneous nonmonotonic multi-context systems. In: AAAI; 2007. p. 385–90.Google Scholar
- 12.Tatbul N, Zdonik S. Window-aware load shedding for aggregation queries over data streams. In: Proceedings of the 32nd International Conference on Very Large Data Bases (VLDB’06). VLDB Endowment; 2006. p. 799–810.Google Scholar
- 14.Arasu A, Cherniack M, Galvez EF, Maier D, Maskey A, Ryvkina E, Stonebraker M, Tibbetts R. Linear road: a stream data management benchmark. In: VLDB; 2004. p. 480–91.Google Scholar
- 15.Phuoc DL, Dao-Tran M, Pham MD, Boncz PA, Eiter T, Fink M. Linked stream data processing engines: facts and figures. In: International Semantic Web Conference; 2012. vol. 2, p. 300–12.Google Scholar