Topic-based publish/subscribe is a communication abstraction that supports selective message dissemination among many sources and many sinks. Messages are associated with topics and are selectively routed to destinations with matching topic interests. Data sinks specify interest in receiving messages of a given topic and data sources publish messages on different topics. Topic-based publish/subscribe is an instance of the more general publish/subscribe concept.
Topic-based publish/subscribe is an instance of the more general publish/subscribe concept. In the topic- based publish/subscribe model, a data source submits publication messages associated with a topic to the publish/subscribe system, while a data sink subscribes its interest in receiving messages of certain topics by submitting subscription expressions on available topics to the system. The kind of topics to publish or subscribe that exist is either out of band...
- 1.Chappell D, Liu L, editors. Web Services Brokered Notification 1.2 (WS-BrokeredNotification), working draft 01 edition. July 2004.Google Scholar
- 2.Hapner M, Burridge R, Sharma R. Java message service. Sun microsystems, version 1.0.2 edition. 9 Nov 1999.Google Scholar
- 3.Oki B, Pfluegl M, Siegel A, Skeen D. The information bus: an architecture for extensible distributed systems. In: Proceedings of the 14th ACM symposium on operating system principles. 1993. p. 58–68.Google Scholar
- 4.OMG. Data Distribution Service for Real-time Systems. version 1.2, formal/07-01-01 edition. Jan 2007.Google Scholar
- 5.TIBCO. TIBCO Rendezvous, software release 8.1 edition. April 2008.Google Scholar