Linear Ridge Types (Various Origins)
Linear positive relief feature of varying origin.
Linear, near-linear, arcuate, or slightly sinuous ridges. Feature length is substantially larger than its height or width. May occur as solitary or in loose or tight groups. Linear ridges are formed by a variety of processes and are found on most solid surface bodies in the Solar System.
KeywordsFissure Eruption Planetary Body Linear Ridge Parallel Ridge Friable Material
- Farrand WH, Lane MD, Edwards BR (2008) North and South: possible Tuyas and hyaloclastite hills on the northern plains and in the southern dorsa Argentea region of Mars. 39th Lunar Planet Sci Conf, p 1761. 10–14 Mar 2008, League CityGoogle Scholar
- Gregg TKP, de Silva S (2009) Tyrrhena Patera and Hesperia Planum, Mars: new insights (and old interpretations) from high-resolution imagery. 40th Lunar Planet Sci Conf, abstract 1700. 23–27 Mar 2009, The WoodlandsGoogle Scholar
- Korteniemi J (2009) Interpreting remote sensing data: Martian Dikes vs. other features. 40th Lunar Planet Sci Conf, abstract 2084. 23–27 Mar 2009, The Woodlands http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meetings/lpsc2009/pdf/2084.pdf
- Kress A, Head JW, Fassett CI (2010) Ridges in the Dorsa Argentea formation: geomorphology and age assessment from buffered crater counting. 41st Lunar Planet Sci Conf, abstract 2355. 1–5 Mar 2010, The WoodlandsGoogle Scholar
- Lorenz RD, Wall S, Radebaugh J, Boubin G, Reffet E, Janssen M, Stofan E, Lopes R, Kirk R, Elachi C, Lunine J, Mitchell K, Paganelli F, Soderblom L, Wood C, Wye L, Zebker H, Anderson Y, Ostro S, Allison M, Boehmer R, Callahan P, Encrenaz P, Ori GG, Francescetti G, Gim Y, Hamilton G, Hensley S, Johnson W, Kelleher K, Muhleman D, Picardi G, Posa F, Roth L, Seu R, Shaffer S, Stiles B, Vetrella S, Flamini E, West R (2006) The sand seas of Titan: Cassini RADAR observations of longitudinal dunes. Science 312(5774):724–727CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Marzo GA, Roush TL, Lanza NL, McGuire PC, Newsom HE, Ollila AM, Wiseman SM (2009) Association of phyllosilicates and the inverted channel in Miyamoto crater, Mars. Geophys Res Lett 36(11), CiteID L11204Google Scholar
- Nussbaumer JW (2012) Elongated deposits in Southern Elysium Planitia, Mars. 43rd Lunar Planet Sci Conf, abstract 1208. 19–23 Mar 2012, The WoodlandsGoogle Scholar
- Shaw J (2002) The meltwater hypothesis for subglacial bedforms. Quat Int 90:5–22. http://www.uofaweb.ualberta.ca/water//pdfs/ShawQuatInt.pdf
- Weitz CM, Milliken RE, Grant JA, McEwen AS, Williams RME, Bishop JL (2008) Light-toned strata and inverted channels adjacent to Juventae and Ganges chasmata, Mars. Geophys Res Lett 35(19), CiteID L19202Google Scholar