Audio Content Analysis
- 10 Downloads
Audio information retrieval; Semantic inference in audio
An audio signal is a signal that contains information in the audible frequency range. Audio content analysis refers to a set of theories, algorithms and systems that aim at extracting descriptors or metadata related to audio content and allowing search, retrieval and other user actions performed on audio signals.
Multimedia content analysis has been one of the most booming research directions in the past years. With the objective of providing fast, natural, intuitive and personalized content-based access to vast multimedia data collections, and building on the synergy of many scientific disciplines, such as signal processing, pattern recognition, machine learning, information retrieval, information theory, natural language processing and psychology, the research initiative born around the end of the 1980s has succeeded in inspiring and mobilizing enormous number of researchers worldwide....
- 1.Cai R, Lu L, Hanjalic A. Unsupervised content discovery in composite audio. In: Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo; 2005. p. 628–37.Google Scholar
- 4.Cheng W-H, Chu W-T, Wu J-L. Semantic context detection based on hierarchical audio models. In: Proceedings of the 5th ACM SIGMM International Workshop on Multimedia Information Retrieval; 2003. p. 109–15.Google Scholar
- 6.Huang X, Acero A, Hon HW. Spoken language processing: a guide to theory, algorithm, and system development. Upper Saddle River: Prentice; 2001.Google Scholar
- 7.Lu L, Cai R, Hanjalic A. Audio elements based auditory scene segmentation. In: Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing; 2006. p. 17–20.Google Scholar
- 9.Radhakrishnan R, Divakaran A, Xiong Z. A time series clustering based framework for multimedia mining and summarization using audio features. In: Proceedings of the 6th ACM SIGMM International Workshop on Multimedia Information Retrieval; 2004. p. 157–64.Google Scholar