ROP GTPases and Cell Shape
Plants produce multiple forms of the Rho-like GTPases in the Ras superfamily that are evolutionarily distinct from their animal and fungal counterparts.
KeywordsPollen Tube Root Hair Cortical Microtubule Pavement Cell Tobacco Pollen Tube
The preparation of this chapter was enabled by the support from the Israel Science Foundation (ISF 1244/11), the Israeli Centers for Research Excellence (I-CORE 757/12), the ISF-NCSF (ISF-China 1125/13), and the German Research Foundation’s Germany–Palestinian Authority–Israel Trilateral Program (DFG KU 931/13-1) to SY.
- Basu D, Le J, El-Essal Sel D, Huang S, Zhang C, Mallery EL, Koliantz G, Staiger CJ, Szymanski DB. DISTORTED3/SCAR2 is a putative Arabidopsis WAVE complex subunit that activates the Arp2/3 complex and is required for epidermal morphogenesis. Plant Cell. 2005;17(2):502–24.PubMedCentralPubMedGoogle Scholar
- Fowler J. Evolution of the ROP GTPase signaling module. In: Yalovsky S, Baluška F, Jones A, editors. Integrated G proteins signaling in plants. Berlin/Heidelberg: Springer; 2010. p. 305–27.Google Scholar
- Hoefle C, Huckelhoven R. A barley Engulfment and Motility domain containing protein modulates Rho GTPase activating protein HvMAGAP1 function in the barley powdery mildew interaction. Plant Mol Biol. 2014;84(4–5):469–8.Google Scholar
- Richter S, Muller LM, Stierhof YD, Mayer U, Takada N, Kost B, Vieten A, Geldner N, Koncz C, Jurgens G. Polarized cell growth in Arabidopsis requires endosomal recycling mediated by GBF1-related ARF exchange factors. Nat Cell Biol. 2012;14(1):80–6.Google Scholar
- Robert S, Kleine-Vehn J, Barbez E, Sauer M, Paciorek T, Baster P, Vanneste S, Zhang J, Simon S, Covanova M, Hayashi K, Dhonukshe P, Yang Z, Bednarek SY, Jones AM, Luschnig C, Aniento F, Zazimalova E, Friml J. ABP1 mediates auxin inhibition of clathrin-dependent endocytosis in Arabidopsis. Cell. 2010;143(1):111–21.PubMedCentralPubMedGoogle Scholar
- Ueda T, Kikuchi A, Ohga N, Yamamoto J, Takai Y. Purification and characterization from bovine brain cytosol of a novel regulatory protein inhibiting the dissociation of GDP from and the subsequent binding of GTP to rhoB p20, a ras p21-like GTP-binding protein. J Biol Chem. 1990;265(16):9373–80.PubMedGoogle Scholar