This entry explains the Bosman case and the Bosman ruling. I focus on the judicial process itself and on the decision of the European Court of Justice. The application of the Bosman ruling and its initial obstacles are also described. Finally, I present the consequences and implications of that ruling.
- Heine K, Sting A (2015) European Community law. In: Encyclopedia of law and economics. Springer, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Hendrickx F (2005) The Simutenkov case: Russian players are equal to European Union players, the international sports law journal (ISLJ) 2005/3Google Scholar
- Lowrey S, Neatrour S Williams J (2002) The Bosman ruling, football transfers and foreign footballers. Centre for the Sociology of Sport, LeicesterGoogle Scholar
- Penn DW (2006) From Bosman to Simutenkov: the application of non-discrimination principles to non-EU nationals in European sports. Suffolk Transl Law Rev 30(1):203–231Google Scholar
- Vauvel R (2014) Court of justice of the European Union. In: Encyclopedia of law and economics. Springer, New YorkGoogle Scholar