- Yaroslav MolkovAffiliated withDepartment of Mathematical Sciences, Indiana University – Purdue University Indianapolis Email author
Blood pressure is controlled by several feedback mechanisms. The fastest one baroreceptor reflex (baroreflex) can be defined as the biological neural control system responsible for the short-term blood pressure regulation.
The afferent part where the arterial pressure is being read out, transduced, and supplied
The central nervous system (CNS) where this input is processed and ...
Reference Work Entry Metrics
Date: 2014 (Latest)History
- 2014 (Latest)
- Baroreflex Models
- Reference Work Title
- Encyclopedia of Computational Neuroscience
- pp 1-10
- Online ISBN
- Springer New York
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media New York
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 2. Department of Biomedical Engineering, Florida International University
- Author Affiliations
- 3. Department of Mathematical Sciences, Indiana University – Purdue University Indianapolis, 402 N. Blackford St, Indianapolis, IN, 46202, USA
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.