Social Interaction Analysis for Team Collaboration
- Ognjen ScekicAffiliated withDistributed Systems Group, Institute for Information Systems, TU Wien Email author
- , Mirela RiveniAffiliated withDistributed Systems Group, Institute for Information Systems, TU Wien
- , Hong-Linh TruongAffiliated withDistributed Systems Group, Institute for Information Systems, TU Wien
- , Schahram DustdarAffiliated withDistributed Systems Group, Institute for Information Systems, TU Wien
Collaboration analysis; Collaboration metrics; Collaboration platforms; Collective adaptive systems; Crowdsourcing; Human-based services (HBS); Interaction patterns; Process mining; Rewarding; Social computing; Social trust; Socio-technical systems; Task assignment; Team collaboration; Team formation
Entity (human or computer) possessing a capability to act intelligently and process specific assignments (activities/tasks).
- Atomic task:
Task that can be handled by an individual actor.
Collective adaptive system.
- Collaboration system (platform):
Information system supporting execution of collaborative processes.
- Collaborative process (collaboration):
Joint effort of a (limited) number of actors with the goal of performing a task. A collaborative process has a limited duration and requires coordination among actors (due to task dependencies).
- Composite task:
Task that must be handled by multiple actors due to size or complexity. A composite task can be broken down into ato ...
Reference Work Entry Metrics
Date: 2016 (Latest)History
- 2016 (Latest)
- Social Interaction Analysis for Team Collaboration
- Reference Work Title
- Encyclopedia of Social Network Analysis and Mining
- pp 1-16
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer New York
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media LLC
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 1. Computer Science, University of Calgary
- 2. University of Calgary Computer Science
- Author Affiliations
- 3. Distributed Systems Group, Institute for Information Systems, TU Wien, Argentinierstrasse 8/184-1, 1040, Vienna, Austria
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.