Fine-grained deposits in topographic lows transported and sorted by intense localized electric fields acting on charged dust or by impact-induced shaking.
Electrostatic charging, mobilization, and subsequent transport of charged dust (Lee 1996; Tepliczky and Kereszturi 2002; Haugsjaa and Colwell 2006; Poppe et al. 2012; Hartzell et al. 2012): Photoelectric charging can generate large enough potential differentials between illuminated and dark regions to mobilize charged dust particles. The size of the dust particles that can...
- Grund CJ, Colwell JE (2007) Autonomous lunar dust observer for the systematic study of natural and anthropogenic dust phenomena on airless bodies. NASA advisory council workshop on science associated with the lunar exploration architecture, 27 Feb–2 March, 2007Google Scholar
- Hanson KH, Kelson KI, Angell MM, Lettis WR (1999) Techniques for identifying faults and determining their origins. U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission NUREG/CR-5503, Washington, DCGoogle Scholar
- Hartzell CM (2008) The dynamics of near-surface dust on airless bodies. Thesis, University of ColoradoGoogle Scholar
- Hartzell CM (2012) The dynamics of near-surface dust on airless bodies. Thesis, University of ColoradoGoogle Scholar
- Hartzell CM, Scheeres DJ, Wang X (2012) Electrostatic dust motion on asteroids: current understanding. In: Asteroids, comets and meteors conference, # 6055Google Scholar
- Haugsjaa AL, Colwell JE (2006) Modelling electrostatic dust transport on Eros. Lunar Planer Sci, TX XXXVII , abstract # 1225, HoustonGoogle Scholar
- Hiesinger H, Ruesch O, Jaumann R, Nathues A, Raymond CA, Russell CT (2012) Smooth pond-like deposits on asteroid 4 Vesta: preliminary results from the Dawn mission. 43rd Lunar Planet Sci Conf, abstract #2487, HoustonGoogle Scholar
- Miyamoto H, Kargel JS, W Fink, Furfaro R (2008) Granular processes on Itokawa, a small near-Earth asteroid: implications for resource utilization, Proceedings of the SPIE 6960, space exploration technologies, 69600I. doi:10.1117/12.784634Google Scholar
- Tepliczky I, Kereszturi A (2002) Signs of change in the electrostatic sedimentation of Eros. 33th Lunar Planet Sci Conf, abstract #1656, HoustonGoogle Scholar