Handbook of Manufacturing Engineering and Technology pp 1279-1315 | Cite as
State-of-the-Art for Nanomanufacturing Using Ion Beam Technology
Ion-beam manufacturing is developing toward nanoaccuracy and nanoscale. In this regard, the concept and working principle of ion-beam manufacturing in nanoaccuracy and nanoscale are presented in this chapter. The key techniques for ion-beam manufacturing are discussed with an emphasis on their capabilities in the fabrication of micro-/nano-features. The corresponding typical applications involved in ion-beam manufacturing are provided. The recent developments in ion-beam-related instruments are given as well. Finally, the future trends for ion-beam manufacturing are predicted.
KeywordsSurface Plasmon Polaritons Plasmonic Lens Removal Function Propagate Surface Plasmon Thin Film Substrate
The book’s publication is supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 90923038, 51275559, 50935001), National Basic Research Program of China (973 Program, Grant No.2011CB706700), Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (No. 2011ZX04014-071), National High Technology Research and Development Program of China (863 Program, Grant No. 2012AA040405), and the “111” project by the State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs and the Ministry of Education of China (Grant No. B07014).
- Chiu NHL, Christopoulos TK (eds) (2012) Advances in immunoassay technology. InTech. pp 180. ISBN 978-953-51-0440-7, doi:10.5772/1967Google Scholar
- Fang FZ, Chen YH, Zhang XD, Hu XT, Zhang GX (2011) Nanometric cutting of single crystal silicon surfaces modified by ion implantation. CIRP Ann-Manuf Techn 60(1):527–530Google Scholar
- Liang P, Park Y, Xiong Y, Ulin-Avila E, Wang Y, Zeng L, Xiong SM, Rho J, Sun C, Bogy DB, Zhang X (2011) Maskless plasmonic lithography at 22 nm resolution. Sci Rep 1:175Google Scholar
- Loeschner H, Fantner EJ, Korntner R, Platzgummer E, Stengl G, Zeininger M, Baglin JEE, Berger R, Brünger WH, Dietzel A, Baraton M-I, Merhari L (2002) Ion projection direct-structuring for nanotechnology applications. MRS Fall Meeting, BostonGoogle Scholar
- Norman HLC, Theodore KC (2012) Immunoassays using artificial nanopores. In: Chiu NHL (ed) Advances in immunoassay technology. InTech, Croatia, pp 125–140Google Scholar
- Utke I, Moshkalev S, Russell P (2012) Nanofabrication using focused ion and electron beams: principles and applications. Oxford University Press, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Xia L, Wu W, Xu J, Hao Y, Wang YY (2006) 3D Nanohelix fabrication and 3D nanometer assembly by focused ion beam stress-introducing technique. In: 19th IEEE international conference on micro electro mechanical systems (MEMS 2006), pp 118–121. IstanbulGoogle Scholar