Encyclopedic Dictionary of Polymers

2011 Edition
| Editors: Jan W. Gooch


  • Jan W. Gooch
Reference work entry
DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4419-6247-8_6565

\ jam\ n [ME jambe, fr. MF, LL gamba] (14c) Vertical face inside an opening to the full thickness of a wall; vertical slide members of a window frame, door frame or lining. (Harris CM (2005) Dictionary of architecture and construction. McGraw-Hill, New York).

Copyright information

© Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2011

Authors and Affiliations

  • Jan W. Gooch
    • 1
  1. 1.AtlantaUSA