Logan, William S.
Basic Biographical Information
William (Bill) Logan completed a doctorate in 1981 in the field of urban geography with a thesis focused on the politics of housing, planning, and heritage conservation in inner Melbourne. He has long been on the faculty of Deakin University in Melbourne, Australia, where he has held numerous senior administrative positions including Dean as well as Research Director in the Faculty of Arts (1993–1998). He was awarded the Deakin University Researcher of the Year Award in 2002 and was made an Alfred Deakin Professor in 2004 for his contribution to the university’s research profile. His research record includes numerous Australian Research Council and other grants.
Dr. Logan has been involved in cultural heritage conservation since the early 1970s when he took part in the resident action movement in inner Melbourne. He has been engaged in teaching, research, and consulting on Australian and Asian heritage issues since then. He holds the...
- Logan, W.S. 2000.H anoi, biography of a city. Sydney: University of NSW Press and Seattle: University of Washington Press.Google Scholar
- Askew, M., W.S. Logan & C. Long. 2007. Vientiane: transformations of a Lao landscape. London: Routledge.Google Scholar
- Di Giovine, M.A. 2009. The heritage-scape: UNESCO, world heritage, and tourism. Lanham: Lexington Books.Google Scholar
- Harrison, R. 2013. Heritage. Critical approaches. London: Routledge.Google Scholar
- Labadi, S. & C. Long.(ed.) 2010. Heritage and globalisation. Abingdon: Routledge.Google Scholar
- Langfield, M., W. Logan & M.N. Craith.(ed.) 2010. Cultural diversity, heritage and human rights. London: Routledge.Google Scholar
- Leask, A. & A. Fyall. 2006.M anaging world heritage sites. Amsterdam: BH/Elsevier.Google Scholar
- Logan, W.S. 2002.T he disappearing “Asian” city: protecting Asia’s urban heritage in a globalizing world. Oxford: Oxford University Press.Google Scholar
- McKercher, B. & H. Du Cros.(ed.) 2002.C ultural tourism: the partnership between tourism and cultural heritage management. Binghamton (NY): The Haworth Press, Inc.Google Scholar
- Smith, L. 2006.Uses of heritage. New York: Routledge.Google Scholar
- Smith, L. & N. Akagawa.(ed.) 2009. Intangible heritage. New York: Routledge.Google Scholar
- Timothy, D.J. & S.W. Boyd. 2003.H eritage tourism. Harlow, Essex: Prentice-Hall.Google Scholar