Fedorov-Davydov, German A.
Basic Biographical Information
German A. Fedorov-Davydov was born on July 17, 1931 and died on April 23, 2000. He was a doctor of historical sciences, a professor, a corresponding member of the German Archaeological Institute (1983), a member of Academy of Natural Sciences (1993), and the winner of the Lomonosov Award of the first degree of Moscow State University (1998).
His father was a professor at Moscow State University and a famous Soviet art historian. His mother was an artist.
After leaving school in 1949, he joined the history department of Moscow State University, where he majored in the department of archaeology. As a student, he participated in the Khorezm expedition and wrote a thesis on “The Mint minted Khorezm in XIII-XIV centuries” (head – Professor S.P. Tolstov).
From 1954 to 1956, he was a postgraduate of Moscow State University Department of Archaeology (supervisor – known Soviet archeologist A.P. Smirnov). In 1957 he defended his thesis on “The Treasures of Coin the...
- Fedorov-Davydov, G.A. 1966. East European nomads under rule of Altyn Orda Khans. Moscow: Nauka (in Russian).Google Scholar
- - 1972. Die Goldene Horde und ihre Vorgänger. Leipzig: Koehler und Amelang.Google Scholar
- - 1976. Art of nomads and golden horde. Moscow: Iskusstvo.Google Scholar
- - 1983. Az Aranyhorda foldgen [The gloden horde]. Budapest: Zinat Press (in Hungarian).Google Scholar
- - 1984. The culture of the golden horde cities. Oxford: Archaeopress.Google Scholar
- - 1984. Städte der Goldenen Horde an der unteren Wolga. München: Beck.Google Scholar
- - 1987. Statistical methods in archaeology. Moscow: Nauka.Google Scholar
- Fedorov, G.A. & M.D. Poluboyarinova. 1976. Die Städte der Goldenen Horde. Das Altertum 3(22): 171-8.Google Scholar