Mathematics in Human Learning
Mathematics Education is the teaching and learning of mathematics, as well research on these matters. The researchers in this field seek conceptual and methodological tools and implement approaches which facilitate their study and use. In Europe, research into Mathematics in Human Learning is known as the Didactics of Mathematics (a common denomination, at least, in France and Germany) or Mathematics Education (denomination in United Kingdom).
The creation of the chair of Mathematics Education at the University of Göttingen, in 1893 coordinated by Felix Klein.
The contributions of Felix Klein, David Eugene Smith, Max Simon, Hans Freudenthal, André Revuz, George Polya, and other mathematicians who encouraged...
- Artigue, M. (1998). Research in mathematics education through the eyes of mathematicians. In A. Sierpinska & J. Kilpatrick (Eds.), Mathematics education as a research domain: A search for identity (pp. 477–490). Dordrecht: Kluwer.Google Scholar
- Bishop, A. J. (1988). Mathematical enculturation: A cultural perspective on mathematics education. Dordrecht: Kluwer.Google Scholar
- Brown, S. (1996). Towards humanistic mathematics education. In A. Bishop (Ed.), Handbook in mathematics education (pp. 1289–1331). Netherlands: Kluwer.Google Scholar
- Guzmán, M. de (2000). Some ethical aspects in the mathematical activity. In Round Table on Shaping the 21st Century 3ECM, Barcelona, July 11–14 2000.Google Scholar
- Lakatos, I. (1976). Proofs and refutations. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.Google Scholar
- Moslehian, M. S. (2005). Postmodern view of humanistic mathematics. Resonance, 10(11), 98–105.Google Scholar
- Polya, G. (1945). How to solve it. Pricenton: Princeton University Press.Google Scholar
- Schoenfeld, A. H. (2000). Purposes and methods of research in mathematics education. Notices of the AMS, 47(6), 641–649.Google Scholar
- Scortt, J., et al. (1996). Charis mathematics. Nottingham: Association of Christian Teachers.Google Scholar
- Sierpinska, A., & Kilpatrick, J. (1998). Mathematics education as a research domain: A search for identity. Dordrecht: Kluwer.Google Scholar
- White, L. A. (1959). The evolution of culture. New York: McGraw-Hill.Google Scholar