Face Recognition, Video-Based
Video-based face recognition is the technique of establishing the identity of one or multiple persons present in a video, based on their facial characteristics. Given the input face video, a typical video-based face recognition approach combines the temporal characteristics of facial motion with appearance changes for recognition. This often involves temporal characterization of faces for recognition, building 3D model or a super-resolution image of the face, or simply learning the appearance variations from the multiple video frames. The ability to generalize across pose, illumination, expression, etc. depends on the choice of combination. Video-based face recognition is particularly useful in surveillance scenarios in which it may not be possible to capture a single good frame as required by most still image based methods.
Face recognition is one of the most successful applications...
- 3.Hadid, A., Pietikainen, M.: An experimental investigation about the integration of facial dynamics in video-based face recognition. Electronic Lett. Comput. Vis. Image Anal. 5(1), 1–13 (2005)Google Scholar
- 4.Ekenel, H., Pnevmatikakis, A.: Video-based face recognition evaluation in the chil project - run 1. In: Proceedings of the seventh International Conference on Automatic Face and Gesture Recognition, pp. 85–90 (2006)Google Scholar
- 5.Gorodnichy , D. O. (Editor): Face processing in video sequences. Image and Vis. Comput. 24(6), 551–648 (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Grother, P., Micheals, R., Phillips, P.: Face recognition vendor test 2002 performance metrics. In: Proceedings of fourth International Conference on Audio and Video-Based Biometric Person Authentication, pp. 937–945 (2003)Google Scholar
- 8.Gross, R., Shi, J.: The cmu motion of body (mobo) database.Tech. Rep. CMU-RI-TR-01-18, Robotics Institute, CarnegieMellon University, Pittsburgh, PA (2001)Google Scholar
- 11.Liu, X., Chen, T.: Video-based face recognition using adaptive hidden markov models. In: Proceedings of International Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp. 340–345 (2003)Google Scholar
- 12.Aggarwal, G., Roy-Chowdhury, A.K., Chellappa, R.: A system identification approach for video-based face recognition. In: Proceedings of International Conference on Pattern Recognition, pp. 175–178 (2004)Google Scholar
- 13.Liu, J.S.: Monte carlo strategies in scientific computing. Springer (2002)Google Scholar
- 14.Aggarwal, G., Veeraraghavan, A., Chellappa, R.: 3d facial pose tracking in uncalibrated videos. In: Proceedings of International Conference on Pattern Recognition and Machine Intelligence, pp. 515–520 (2005)Google Scholar
- 15.Arandjelovic, O., Cipolla, R.: Face recognition for video using the general shape-illumination manifold. In: Proceedings of European Conference on Computer Vision, pp. 27–40 (2006)Google Scholar