Iris Acquisition Device
An iris acquisition device is a device that acquires an iris image and compares and matches it to a collection of other iris images. Consumer enthusiasm and technological advancement have fostered the creation of many types of iris acquisition devices that vary in many dimensions. The following essay, surveys and reports iris acquisition devices that exist in the market today.
Today, the popularity of iris acquisition devices is gaining momentum mainly due to the fact that they are considered perhaps the most accurate way to identify a human. In addition, iris acquisition devices have the ability to accommodate a large group size, return responses faster than any other security metric, and adapt and utilize a range of advancing technological resources.
Many factors help determine the performance and popularity of an iris acquisition device. The heart of a device is represented by the...
- 1.Daugman, J.: How iris recognition works. In: Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Image Processing (ICIP), Rochester, New York (2002)Google Scholar
- 2.Daugman, J.: 17 December 2007. http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/∼jgd1000/
- 3.Eyenetwatch.: 17 December 2007. www.eyenetwatch.com/iris/panasonic-authenticam.htm
- 4.Panasonic: 17 December 2007. www.panasonic.com/business/security/home.asp
- 5.International Biometric Group: 17 December 2007. www.biometricgroup.com/reports/public/ITIRT.html
- 6.L-1: 17 December 2007. http://www.l1id.com/images/stories/solutions/hiide_product_sheet.pdf
- 7.Iritech: 17 December 2007. www.iritech.com/product_1-1.htm
- 8.Sarnoff: 17 December 2007. www.sarnoff.com/products/iris-onthe-move
- 9.LG Electronics: 17 December 2007. http://www.lgiris.com/ps/products/index.htm.
- 10.Irisguard: 17 December 2007. www.irisguard.com
- 11.OKI: 17 December 2007. http://www.oki.com/jp/FSC/iris/en/
- 12.Crossmatch: 17 December 2007. www.crossmatch.com/I_SCAN_2.html
- 13.Hoyos Group: 17 December 2007. www.hoyosgroup.com
- 14.Retica: 17 December 2007. http://www.retica.com/site/company/index.html
- 15.Jiris: 17 December 2007. www.jiristech.com
- 16.Morse, B.G.: CEO Retica Systems, “Product Availability.” Email to Ryan Rakvic. 26 November 2007Google Scholar
- 17.Iritech: 17 December 2007. http://www.iritech.com/
- 18.L-1: 17 December 2007. www.l1id.com