Finger Vein Biometric Algorithm
Finger vein feature segmentation
Finger vein biometric algorithm is a series of software processes to authenticate a person by using biometric features extracted from his or her finger vein patterns. The algorithm is typically comprised of two major processes, namely, a finger vein feature extraction part and a matching algorithm part.
Finger vein feature extraction, along with finger vein imaging technology, is a core technology in finger vein authentication. By applying this process, a simple raw finger vein imageis converted into meaningful biometric data that can be used to identify a person. The finger vein feature extraction is executed in both the enrollment process and the authentication process of a finger vein biometric system. In the enrollment process, the extracted biometric data is used to create template data together with the associated personal information such as username or identification numbers. In the authentication process, the...
- 1.Hitachi, Ltd. http://www.hitachi.com/
- 2.Miura, N., Nagasaka, A., Miyatake, T.: Feature Extraction of Finger Vein Patterns Based on Iterative line Tracking and Its Application to Personal Identification. IEICE Trans. Inf.Syst. J86-D-II(5), 678–687 (2003) (Japanese Edition)Google Scholar
- 4.Yanagawa, T., Aoki, S., Ohyama, T.: Human finger vein images are diverse and its patterns are useful for personal identification MHF Preprint Series, MHF 2007-12, Kyushu University 21st Century COE Program, Development of Dynamic Mathematics with High Functionality (2007)Google Scholar
- 5.The Joint Technical Committee for Information Technology:www.jtc1.org
- 6.The International Organization for Standardization:http://www.iso.org/iso/home.htm
- 7.The International Engineering Consortium:http://www.iec.org/
- 8.ISO/IEC 19794-9:2007:Information technology – Biometric data interchange formats – Part 9: Vascular image data. (2007)Google Scholar