Finger Vein Pattern Imaging
A technology to visualize and capture an individual’s finger vein network patterns.
Blood vessels are not exposed out of the human body and its network patterns are normally impossible to see without the range of visible light wavelength (Retinal blood vessels are the only exception, which can be seen in visible light. However, it is necessary to use specially designed devices such as ophthalmoscopy or retinal scanner to observe the blood vessels on retina.). In order to visualize blood vessel patterns that are hidden under the skin, it is necessary to use appropriate imaging technologies. It is well known that hemoglobin absorbs near infrared raysmore than other substances that comprise human body. Since most of the hemoglobin in human body exists in red blood cells that are flowing inside blood vessels, the blood vessel network patterns can be seen as dark area by infrared imaging systems. Finger vein pattern imaging is a technology that utilizes this...
- 1.Hitachi Central Research Laboratory, http://www.hqrd.hitachi.co.jp/crle/
- 3.Hitachi Information and Control Solutions, Ltd., http://www.hitachi-ics.co.jp/product/english/index_en.htm
- 4.Hitachi, Ltd., http://www.hitachi.com/
- 5.Hitachi Software Engineering, Co., Ltd., http://hitachisoft.jp/English/index.html
- 6.Hitachi develops finger vein authentication technology for steering wheels. Hitachi, Ltd. News release, Oct. 2007. http://www.hitachi.com/New/cnews/071022b.html
- 7.Hitachi-Omron Terminal Solutions, Corp., http://www.hitachi-omron-ts.com/index.html
- 8.Hitachi develops compact finger vein authentication technology for laptop PCs. Hitachi, Ltd. News release, Oct. 2005. (in Japanese) http://www.hitachi.co.jp/New/cnews/month/2005/10/1003.pdf