Language Teacher Motivation
- 176 Downloads
What has been the focus of teacher motivation?
This review is supported by the National Philosophical and Social Project entitled ‘Research on the construction of the ecological model of university foreign languages teachers’ motivations for professional development and relevant influencing factors (15BYY099)’.
- Dörnyei, Z., & Ushioda, E. (2011). Chapter 7, Teacher motivation. In Z. Dörnyei & E. Ushioda (Eds.), Teaching and researching motivation (2nd ed., pp. 158–192). Harlow: Longman.Google Scholar
- Houle, C. O. (1961). The inquiring mind: A study of the adult who continues to learn. Madison: University of Wisconsin Press.Google Scholar
- Liu, H., & Kou, J. (2014). An empirical research on university English teachers’ motivations to participate in “visiting scholar program”. Foreign Languages and Their Teaching, 6, 13–19. [刘宏刚, 寇金南. 高校英语教师访学动机实证研究[J]. 外语与外语教学. 2014(6): 13–19.].Google Scholar
- Pennington, M. C. (1995). Work satisfaction, motivation and commitment in teaching English as a second language. ERIC Document ED 404850.Google Scholar
- Richardson, P. W., Karabenick, S. A., & Watt, H. M. G. (Eds.). (2014). Teacher motivation: Theory and practice. London: Routledge.Google Scholar
- Watt, H. M. G., Richardson, P. W., & Smith, K. (Eds.). (2017). Global perspectives on teacher motivation. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.Google Scholar