Food Risk Communication
- 16 Downloads
The alimentation sector, as other types of industries, has to constantly respond to the changing conditions of modern times. The most important determinants responsible for alternations are connected with the reality of a contemporary epoch. First of all, the twenty-first century is influenced and shaped by the growing role of new technologies. Thus, the Internet, offering fast communication to a relatively large number of addressees, becomes an important medium in contacting current and potential stakeholders in the food industry. Secondly, the mobility of modern times concerns not only consumers but also food products since nowadays customers may have access to comestibles coming from very distant countries. In this case, such aspects as proper transportation, storage, and methods of dish preparations should be treated with great consideration. Thirdly, modern agriculture...
- Bennett, P. (2001). Understanding responses to risk: Some basic findings. In P. Bennett & K. Calman (Eds.), Risk communication and public health (pp. 3–19). New York: Oxford University Press.Google Scholar
- Bielenia-Grajewska, M. (2009). The role of metaphors in the language of investment banking. Iberica, 17, 139–156.Google Scholar
- Bielenia-Grajewska, M. (2011). Rola Internetu w komunikacji prowadzonej przez polskie lotniska (na przykładzie sytuacji kryzysowych spowodowanych trudnymi warunkami atmosferycznymi). Pieniądze i Więź, 51, 156–162.Google Scholar
- Bielenia-Grajewska, M. (2014). Metaphors and risk cognition in the discourse on food-borne diseases. In J. M. Mercantini & C. Faucher (Eds.), Risk cognition. Berlin: Heidelberg Springer (in print).Google Scholar
- FAO/WHO. (2001). The application of risk communication to food standards and safety matters. Rome: Publishing and Multimedia Service.Google Scholar
- Flynn, D. (2011). Top food safety stories of 2011: No. 1. Food Safety News. http://www.foodsafetynews.com/2011/12/europes-o104-outbreak-2011s-most-important-food-safety-story/. Accessed 20 Dec 2013.