Food Ethics and Policies
What is food policy?
How is food policy interlinked with other policies?
Which aims and ethical principles relate to food policy?
Policy and Principles
Considering the nature of food policy, it is reasonable to look into understandings of the last part of the concept, namely, policy. It is worthwhile to note that in English, unlike many other languages, a distinction is made between policy, politics, and polity....
- Beder, S. (2006). Environmental principles and polices. London: Earthscan.Google Scholar
- Codex Alimentarius. (1979). Code of ethics for international trade in food. CAC/RCP 20–1979 (Rev. 1–1985).Google Scholar
- Coff, C. (2006). The taste for ethics. En ethic for food consumption. Dordrecht: Springer.Google Scholar
- Coff, C., Barling, D., Korthals, M., & Nielsen, T. (Eds.). (2008). Ethical traceability and communicating food. New York: Springer.Google Scholar
- Easton, D. (1965). A framework for political analysis. Englewood Cliffs: Prentice-Hall.Google Scholar
- EU. (2002). European food law. Regulation (EC)178/2002.Google Scholar
- Hamilton, N. D. (2002). Putting a face on our food. Drake Journal of Agricultural Law, 7(2), 408–454.Google Scholar
- Kogan, M. (1975). Educational policy making: A study of interest groups and parliament. London: Allen & Unwin.Google Scholar
- Mepham, B. (1996). Ethical analysis of food biotechnologies: An evaluative framework. In B. Mepham (Ed.), Food ethics. London: Routledge.Google Scholar
- Nestle, M. (2002). Food politics. Berkeley: University of California Press.Google Scholar
- OECD. (1981). Food policy. Paris: Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development.Google Scholar
- Public Health Association of Australia. (2009). A future for food. Addressing public health, sustainability and equity from paddock to plate. Sydney: Public Health Association of Australia.Google Scholar
- Rendtorff, J. D., & Kemp, P. (2000). Basic ethical principles in European bioethics and biolaw. Copenhagen: Centre for Ethics and Law, and Institut Borja De Bioètica, Barcelona.Google Scholar
- Sen, A. (1981). Poverty and famines: An essay on entitlements and deprivation. Oxford: Clarendon.Google Scholar
- The State and Local Food Policy Project. (2005). http://www.statefoodpolicy.org/docs/fpc_qna.pdf. Accessed 09 May 2013.
- Timmer, C. P. (2001). Food policy. In R. D. Semba & M. W. Bloem (Eds.), Nutrition and health in developing countries (pp. 781–792). Totowa: Humana Press.Google Scholar
- United Nations. (1948). The universal declaration of human rights. United Nations.Google Scholar