Higher Education Systems and Institutions: Uganda
Governance The general structure of leadership in a Higher Education institution, which constitute the role of founders/promoters, the university council and other such critical organs such as Senate, staff and student associations among others.
Gross enrollment The number of students enrolled at a given level of education, regardless of age, as a percentage of the population of the official school-going age of that education level.
Higher education This is the form of education provided or pursued at the post-secondary level; sometimes it is referred to tertiary education which leads to the attainment of certificate, diploma or degree.
Knowledge production and innovation The active participation of universities or tertiary training institutions in high level research activities thereby producing cutting-edge knowledge for problem solving.
Quality assurance A...
- Achanga, P.C.. 2012. Managing and leading African Universities in a Globalized World, International Higher Education, No.67, Spring, Boston.Google Scholar
- Achanga, P.C., J. Bakuwa, and P. Efah. 2015. Leadership & management: Case studies in training in higher education in Africa. Somerset West: African Minds Publishers.Google Scholar
- Cloete, et al. 2012. Universities and economic development in Africa. South Africa: Somerset West.Google Scholar
- Kasozi, A.B..K. 2003. University education in Uganda: Challenges and opportunities for reform. Kampala: Fountain Publishers.Google Scholar
- Kasozi, A.B..K. 2009. Financing Uganda’s public universities: An obstacle to serving the public good, University Education in Uganda: Challenges and opportunities for reform. Kampala: Fountain Publishers.Google Scholar
- Knight, J. 2012. Globalization and internationalization of higher education: Three generations of crossborder higher education. New Delhi: Occasional Publication.Google Scholar
- Ministerial Policy Statement. 2017. Financial year 2017/2018, Ministry of Education and Sports.Google Scholar
- Population Projections 2015–2020, the Uganda Bureau of Statistics. 2017. Kampala.Google Scholar
- Second National Development Plan (NDPII) 2015/16–2019/2020. http://www.npa.ug. Accessed 12 Dec 2017.
- Statistical Abstract, the Uganda Bureau of Statistics. 2015. Kampala.Google Scholar
- The Quality Assurance Framework and the Licensing Process. 2014. Kampala: NCHE.Google Scholar
- The State of Higher Education (SHE). 2015. Kampala: NCHE.Google Scholar
- Auditor General. 2010. Office of the Auditor General, AH Consulting, Kampala Uganda.Google Scholar