International Consortia of Higher Education Institutions
Higher education consortia: multi-point groupings of higher education institutions with a limited number of members. Membership is restricted to particular institutions that are allowed by the other partners to enter the arrangement.
EUA: European University Association
EURASHE: European Association of Institutions in Higher Education
LERU: League of European Research Universities
UNICA: Network of Universities from the Capitals of Europe
YERUN: Network of Young European Research Universities
Consortia of Higher Education Institutions have been a global reality since the last decades of the twentieth century. Universities have engaged in collaborative action for many different reasons. Due to the further globalization and internationalization of higher education, collaboration has intensified and the nature of cooperation has changed. Engaging with other universities abroad is an organizational mechanism to...
- Beerkens, Eric. 2004. Global opportunities and institutional embeddedness; higher education consortia in Europe and Southeast Asia. Enschede: CHEPS.Google Scholar
- Coimbra Group. 2017. Mission statement. http://www.coimbra-group.eu/home/mission-statement. Accessed 25 Jan 2017.
- De Wit, Hans. 2001. Internationalization of higher education in the United States of America and Europe. A historical, comparative, and conceptual analysis. Amsterdam: University of Amsterdam.Google Scholar
- Monash Warwick Alliance. 2017. Our global alliance. http://monashwarwick.org/our-global-alliance/. Accessed 25 Jan 2017.
- Sandstrom, Anna-Malin, and Leasa Weimer. 2016. International strategic partnerships. Amsterdam: European Association for International Education (EAIE).Google Scholar
- Universitas 21. 2000. Introduction. http://www.universitas21.com/introduction.html. Accessed 1 Oct 2000.
- Universitas 21. 2017. About Universitas 21. http://www.universitas21.com/about. Accessed 25 Jan 2017.