Internationalization of Higher Education, Leadership Perspective
The intentional process of integrating an international, intercultural, or global dimensions into the purpose, functions, and delivery of postsecondary education in order to enhance the quality of education and research for all students and staff and to make a meaningful contribution to society (de Wit et al. 2015).
In the recent past, internationalization of higher education has expanded in terms of scope and in terms of attention that it attracts from policy makers and decision makers in government and in higher education institutions alike. Activities and programs that are now frequently placed under its conceptual umbrella have grown both quantitatively and qualitatively. In addition, or perhaps for these reasons of growth and expansion, internationalization has moved from the margins of policy making in higher education – both at State and at institutional level –...
- De Wit, Hans, Fiona Hunter, Laura Howard, and Eva Egron-Polak. 2015. Internationalization of higher education: Report to EU parliament, Brussels.Google Scholar
- Deane, P. 2014. Global and community engagement at McMaster: Where FWI has brought us, and where we are going. McMaster University. http://dailynews.mcmaster.ca/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Global-and-Community-Engagement-at-McMaster-Where-FWI-has-brought-us-and-where-we-are-going1.pdf. Accessed in Feb 2017.
- Egron-Polak, E., and R. Hudson. 2010. Internationalization of Higher Education, Global survey report on Internationalization of Higher Education. Paris: IAU.Google Scholar
- Egron-Polak, E., and R. Hudson. 2014. Internationalization of Higher Education, Global survey report on Internationalization of Higher Education. Paris: IAU.Google Scholar
- Kus, Z. 2015. On Internationalization, T-UNI Online Journal. http://www.tul.cz/en/document/2472. Accessed in Feb 2017.
- NASULGC. 2004. A call to leadership: The presidential role in internationalizing the university. A report of the NASULGC Task Force on International Education.Google Scholar
- Pascual, A. 2014. Internationalizing the National University: The UP President speaks. University of the Philippines. http://www.up.edu.ph/internationalizing-the-national-university-the-up-president-speaks/. Accessed in Feb 2017.