SF-8TM Health Survey
- 1.2k Downloads
The SF-8™ is an abbreviated version of an original 36-item health survey (SF-36 Health Survey). It contains psychometrically based physical and mental health summary measures. The eight domains include general health, physical functioning, role physical, bodily pain, vitality, social functioning, mental health, and role emotional.
SF-8™ is a generic multipurpose short-form health-related quality of lifeinstrument and was developed by the RAND Corporation and the Medical Outcomes Study (MOS) in the 1980s, which was originally a short-form health survey with 36 questions. The SF-8™ was developed primarily for use in large surveys of general and specific populations, for comparing the burden of diseases across different age, disease, and treatment groups. The SF-8™ has been shown to be effective monitoring population health and large-scale outcomes studies. The SF-8™ has been translated in over 30 different...
- Campolina, A. G., Pinheiro, M. M., Ciconelli, R. M., & Ferraz, M. B. (2011). Quality of life among the Brazilian adult population using the generic SF-8 questionnaire. Cadernos de Saúde Pública, 27(6), 1121–1131.Google Scholar
- Eum, K. D., Li, J., Lee, H. E., Kim, S. S., Paek, D., Siegrist, J., et al. (2007). Psychometric properties of the Korean version of the effort-reward imbalance questionnaire: a study in a petrochemical company. International Archives of Occupational and Environmental Health, 80(8), 653–661.Google Scholar
- Lefante, J. J., Jr., Harmon, G. N., Ashby, K. M., Barnard, D., & Webber, L. S. (2005). Use of the SF-8 to assess health-related quality of life for a chronically ill, low-income population participating in the Central Louisiana Medication Access Program (CMAP). Qual Life Res, 14(3), 665–673.Google Scholar
- Roberts, B., Browne, J., Ocaka, K. F., Oyok, T., & Sondorp, E. (2008). The reliability and validity of the SF-8 with a conflict-affected population in northern Uganda. Health and Quality of Life Outcomes, 6, 108.Google Scholar
- Tokuda, Y., Okubo, T., Ohde, S., Jacobs, J., Takahashi, O., Omata, F., et al. (2009). Assessing items on the SF-8 Japanese version for health-related quality of life: a psychometric analysis based on the nominal categories model of item response theory. Value in Health, 12(4), 568–573.Google Scholar
- Valles, J., Guilera, M., Briones, Z., Gomar, C., Canet, J., & Alonso, J. (2010). Validity of the Spanish 8-item short-form generic health-related quality-of-life questionnaire in surgical patients: a population-based study. Anesthesiology, 112(5), 1164–1174.Google Scholar
- Ware, J., Kosinski, M., Dewey, J., & Gandek, B. (2001). How to score and interpret single-item health status measures: A manual for users of the SF-8 health survey. Boston: QualyMetric.Google Scholar