- 5 Downloads
A diagnostic description of the genus is given with special emphasis on the occurrence of succulence amongst its species. The geographical distribution is outlined, together with a selection of important literature, and an explanation of the etymology of the name. This is followed by a short summary of its position in the phylogeny of the family and of the past and present classification in a phylogenetic context. The succulent features present amongst the species of the genus are shortly explained as to morphology and anatomy.
This is followed by a synoptical treatment of the succulent species of the genus, complete with typification details, full synonymy, geographical and ecological data, a diagnostic description, and, where applicable, notes on phylogenetic placement and relationships, as well as economic and/or horticultural importance.
- Aymerich, P. & Gustamante, L. (2015) Nuevas citas de plantas alóctonas de origen ornamental en el litoral meridional de Cataluña. Bouteloua 20: 22–41, ills.Google Scholar
- Bjorå, C. S. [& al. 2008b], Hoell, G., Kativu, S. & Nordal, I. (2008b) New taxa of Chlorophytum (Anthericaceae) from southern tropical Africa with notes on their sister group relationships. Bot. J. Linn. Soc. 157(2): 223–238, ills. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1095-8339.2008.00811.xCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Kativu, S. & Nordal, I. (1993) New combinations of African species in the genus Chlorophytum (Anthericaceae). Nordic J. Bot. 13(1): 59–65, ills. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1756-1051.1993.tb00016.xCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Kativu, S. [& al. 2008], Hoell, G., Bjorå, C. S. & Nordal, I. (2008) Anthericaceae. In: Timberlake, J. R. & Martins, E. S. (eds.): Flora Zambesiaca; 13(1): 34–89, ills., key. Richmond (GB): Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew.Google Scholar
- Lebrun, J.-P. & Stork, A. L. (2014) Tropical African flowering plants. Ecology and distribution. Volume 8: Monocotyledons 2 (Anthericaceae - Palmae). Genève (CH): Ville de Genève, Éditions des Conservatoire et Jardin Botaniques.Google Scholar
- Nordal, I. [& al. 1997], Kativu, S. & Poulsen, A. D. (1997) Anthericaceae. In: Polhill, R. M. (ed.): Flora of Tropical East Africa. Rotterdam (NL)/Brookfield (US): A. A. Balkema.Google Scholar