- 5 Downloads
A diagnostic description of the family is given with special emphasis on the occurrence of succulence. This is followed by information on the ordinal placement, a selection of important literature, and information on the geographical distribution. A short discussion of the family’s position in the angiosperm phylogeny is supplemened by a summary of its past and present classification in a phylogenetic context. The succulent features present amongst the species of the family are shortly summarized, as is its general economical importance.
- Chen, S. [& al. 2013], Kim, D. K., Chase, M. W. & Kim, J. H. (2013) Networks in a large-scale phylogenetic analysis: Reconstructing evolutionary history of Asparagales (Lilianae) based on four plastid genes. PLoS One 8(3): 1–18, ills. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0059472
- Clifford, H. T. (1998) Doryanthaceae. In: Kubitzki, K. (ed.): The families and genera of vascular plants; 3: 236–238, ills., key. Berlin (DE) etc.: Springer Verlag. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-662-03533-7_29
- Goldblatt, P. [& al. 2008], Rodriguez, A., Powell, M. P., Davies, T. J., Manning, J. C., van der Bank, M. & Savolainen, V. (2008) Iridaceae ‘out of Australasia’? Phylogeny, biogeography, and divergence time based on plastid DNA sequences. Syst. Bot. 33(3): 495–508. https://doi.org/10.1600/036364408785679806
- Pedley, L. (1986) Cordyline. Doryanthes. In: George, A. S. (ed.): Flora of Australia, 46: 81–88. Canberra (AU): Australian Government Publishing Service.Google Scholar
- Seberg, O. [& al. 2012], Petersen, G., Davis, J. I., Pires, J. C., Stevenson, D. W., Chase, M. W., Fay, M. F., Devey, D. S., Jørgensen, T., Sytsma, K. J. & Pillon, Y. (2012) Phylogeny of the Asparagales based on three plastid and two mitochondrial genes. Amer. J. Bot. 99(5): 875–889, ills. https://doi.org/10.3732/ajb.1100468