- 86 Downloads
The purpose of sports lighting is to create the ideal conditions of visibility for those who experience sports facilities.
The great interest of the media in sports events has an important effect on the development of the sports themselves. This, together with the increased leisure time, has resulted in a booming number of active sportsmen and women all over the world, either taking part in the sports as a leisure activity or in amateur and professional competitions.
Consequently, numerous sports complexes have been developed in which all kinds of sports are practiced, from the general physical training sessions to professional activities. In the organization of sports activities and events, the quality of the facilities available is for the utmost importance for pleasure and in the outcome of the competition. Space, a good playing surface, heating/cooling, safety provisions, etc. are all of major importance.
One essential contribution to a successful...
- 1.EN 12193:2018: Light and Lighting – Sports Lighting. CEN European Committee for Standardization, Brussels (2018)Google Scholar
- 2.CIE 112: 1994: Glare Evaluation System for Use within Outdoor Sports and Area Lighting. CIE Central bureau, Vienna (1994)Google Scholar
- 3.EBU Tech 335: Method for the Assessment of the Colorimetric Properties of Luminaires: the Television Lighting Consistency Index (Tlci-2012) and the Television Luminaire Matching Factor (Tlmf-2013). European Broadcast Union, Geneva (2017)Google Scholar
- 4.IES Lighting Handbook, 10th edn. Reference and Application. Illuminating Engineering Society of North America, New York (2011)Google Scholar
- 5.EN 1838:1999: Lighting Applications – Emergency Lighting. CEN European Committee for Standardization, Brussels (1999)Google Scholar