Compromised Education: Seeing Through the Lens of Malaysian
A social platform that allows the creation of digital content for sharing such as interactive lessons, project, presentation, quizzes, and discussion.
- Computer classe
A class that was formed to teach the student digital skills. This includes the use of Microsoft Office software.
- Digital Natives
“A person born or brought up during the age of digital technology and so familiar with computers and the internet from an early age” adopted from Oxford English Dictionary.
According to Oxford English Dictionary, eLearning has been defined as a system of learning which uses electronic media, typically over the Internet. This includes the use of Internet of things, gadget, mobile, and computer for teaching and learning purposes.
Flipped classroom. A teaching method in which students first learn about a new subject at home, usually online video or pre-class materials, and then have collaborative and discussion on it in physical class – adopted from Chan et al. (
- Al-rahmi WM, Othman MS, Yusuf LM (2015) The Effectiveness of using e-learning in Malaysian higher education: a case study Universiti Teknologi Malaysia. Mediterr J Soc Sci 6(52):625–637Google Scholar
- Azizi NA (02 January 2018) Twenty one schools closed nationwide due to floods, New Strait TimesGoogle Scholar
- Azlee A (05 January 2015) Worst floods in Kelantan, confirms NSC, malaymailGoogle Scholar
- Belanger F, Jordan DH (2000) Evaluation and implementation of distance learning: technologies, tools and techniques. IGI GlobalGoogle Scholar
- Bernama (01 January 2017) School session affected in three flood-afflicted states, Malay MailGoogle Scholar
- Boon P (25 June 2018) Plight of flood-prone schools brought to Education Ministry. Borneo Post OnlineGoogle Scholar
- Chan S-Y, Chan S-S (10–12 July 2018) Workbook reduction policy as a solution for “heavy bag phenomenon” in primary school? Paper presented at the international conference on the future of education Penang MalaysiaGoogle Scholar
- Chan S-Y, Lam YK, Ng TF (2018a) Student’s perception on initial experience of flipped classroom in pharmacy education: are we ready? Innov Educ Teach Int:1–12. https://doi.org/10.1080/14703297.2018.1541189
- Chan S-Y, Lam YK, Ng TF, Chan S-S (2018b) Emerging flipped classroom as teaching pedagogy: unravel the truth in Malaysia. Universiti Sains MalaysiaGoogle Scholar
- Chan S-Y, Nadzri M, Ng YC (12&13 September 2018c) A customized flipped classroom with the perfect match of the use of “mentimeter” as collaborative activity. Paper presented at the International university carnival on elearning, International Islamic University MalaysiaGoogle Scholar
- Chung C (26 Apr 2018) Comprehensive review planned for Chinese school computer classes, Star OnlineGoogle Scholar
- Fong LF (14 Oct 2017) School heads to follow order on workbooks, The Star OnlineGoogle Scholar
- Ghavifekr S, Sani IM (2015) Effectiveness of ICT integration in Malaysian schools: a quantitative analysis. Int Res J Q Educ 2(8):1–12Google Scholar
- Hui BY (29 July 2016) Chong: too many workbooks, The Star OnlineGoogle Scholar
- Iya SGD (2014) FLOODS IN MALAYSIA historical reviews, causes, effects and mitigations approach. Int J Interdiscip Res Innov 2(4):59–65Google Scholar
- Malaymail (31 December 2016) New KSSM, KSSR curriculum to be implemented in 2017, says education minister, MalaymailGoogle Scholar
- Malaysiakini (01 March 2006) 华小校长贪污问题 “终于”不再敏感, MalaysiakiniGoogle Scholar
- Mohsen AS (11 June 2018) Chinese schools told to cease illegal computer, tuition classes, The Sun DailyGoogle Scholar
- Sustainable Development Goals. https://www.un.org/sustainabledevelopment/. Visited 19th May 2019
- United Nation Foundation (2015) Sustainable development goal. 14 Spetember 2018Google Scholar