Millon Behavioral Medicine Diagnostic
The Millon Behavioral Medicine Diagnostic (MBMD), the successor to the Millon Behavioral Health inventory (MBHI), is a 165-true/false-item multidimensional self-report inventory for use with patients ages 18–85 in clinical and rehabilitation settings. The MBMD is designed to assess psychosocial assets and liabilities that may impact medical treatment for chronically ill patients.
The MBMD is available in both English and Spanish and is intended for use with individuals with at least a sixth grade reading level. Administration requires approximately 20–25 min and can be completed using a pencil-and-paper format (with or without audio support) or via computer using desktop software or web-based administration. Scoring options include manual scoring, as well as Q-global™ web-based, Q-Local™ software, fax-in, or mail-in scoring. Reporting options include a Profile Report, as well as Interpretative Reports for General Medical, Bariatric, and Pain populations....
References and Readings
- Antoni, M. H., Millon, C. M., & Millon, T. (1997). The role of psychological assessment in health care: The MBHI, MBMC, and beyond. In T. Millon & C. Bloom (Eds.), The Millon inventories: Clinical and personality assessment (2nd ed., pp. 409–448). New York: Guilford Press.Google Scholar
- Atkinson, M. J. (2003). Test review of the Millon Behavioral Medicine Diagnostic. In B. S. Plake, J. C. Impara, & R. A. Spies (Eds.), The fifteenth mental measurements yearbook (electronic version). Lincoln, NE: Buros. Retrieved from the Buros Institute’s Mental Measurement Yearbook online database.Google Scholar
- Burbridge, C., Cruess, D. G., Antoni, M. H., & Meagher, S. (2011). Using the Millon Behavioral Medicine Diagnostic (MBMD) to evaluate the need for mental health services in association with biomarkers of disease status among HIV positive men and women. Journal of Clinical Psychology in Medical Settings, 18, 30–38. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10880-011-9231-x.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- Cipher, D. J., Kurian, A. K., Fulda, K. G., Snider, R., & Van Beest, J. (2007). Using the Millon Behavioral Medicine Diagnostic to delineate treatment outcomes in rehabilitation. Journal of Clinical Psychology in Medical Settings, 14, 102–112. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10880-007-9066-7.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Cruess, D. G., Benedict, C., Lattie, E. G., Molton, I., Kinsinger, D., Kava, B., …, & Penedo, F. J. (2013). Millon Behavioral Medicine Diagnostic (MBMD) predicts health-related quality of life (HrQoL) over time among men treated for localized prostate cancer. Journal of Personality Assessment, 95(1), 54–61. https://doi.org/10.1080/00223891.2012.681819.CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Farrell, K., Shen, B. J., Mallon, S., Penedo, F. J., & Antoni, M. H. (2011). Utility of the Millon Behavioral Medicine Diagnostic to predict medication adherence in patients diagnosed with heart failure. Journal of Clinical Psychology in Medical Settings, 18, 1–12. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10880-010-9217-0.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- Lattie, E. G., Antoni, M. H., Millon, T., Kamp, J., & Walker, M. R. (2013). MBMD coping styles and psychiatric indicators and response to a multidisciplinary pain treatment program. Journal of Clinical Psychology in Medical Settings, 20, 515–525. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10880-013-9377-9.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- Millon, T., Antoni, M., Millon, C., Minor, S., & Grossman, S. (2006). Millon Behavioral Medicine Diagnostic (MBMD) manual (2nd ed.). Minneapolis: Pearson Assessments.Google Scholar