Solid Dosage Forms: Formulation and Characterization
The chapter provide introduction and need of solid dosage forms for space pharmaceuticals. It discusses various drugs and excipients which can be utilized in these solid dosage forms. The chapter further emphasis on important formulation development aspects of solid dosage forms. It discusses important analytical characterization techniques utilized in solid dosage forms. Overall, solid dosage forms are key to space travel due to long-term stability advantage it offers in space conditions.
- Chan H-K, Chew NYK (2002) Excipients: powders and solid dosage forms. In: Swarbrick J (ed.) Encyclopedia of pharmaceutical technology, 3rd ed., Informa Healthcare USA, Inc, New York 2007; 3:1646–1655Google Scholar
- Gibson M (2009) Pharmaceutical preformulation and formulation. Informa Healthcare, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Nagashree K (2015) Solid dosage forms: tablets. Research and reviews. J Pharm Anal 4:60Google Scholar
- National Council on Radiation Protection and Measurements (NCRP) (1989) Guidance on radiation received in space activities: report no. 98. NCRP, BethesdaGoogle Scholar
- Smith SM, Wastney ME, O’Brien KO, Morukov BV, Larina IM, Abrams SA, Davis-Street JE, Oganov V, Shackelford LC (2005) Bone markers, calcium metabolism, and calcium kinetics during extended-duration space flight on the Mir space station. J Bone Miner Res Off J Am Soc Bone Miner Res 20:208–218CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Van Weeren R, Sashidharan A 2008 Sensitivity profiling of solid oral doses. Pharm Process 1–5. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1208%2Fs12248-011-9270-0