Lebow, Jay L.
Dr. Jay L. Lebow, LCP, LMFT, ABPP, is Clinical Professor of Psychology at Northwestern University as well as Senior Scholar and Senior Therapist at The Family Institute at Northwestern University. He is editor-in-chief of the journal Family Process and the Encyclopedia of Couple and Family Therapy (with Chambers and Breunlin 2018). He maintains an active psychotherapy practice, treating individuals, couples, and families. Dr. Lebow made seminal contributions to the field, particularly in the areas of psychotherapy integration, the common factors, and bridging research and practice. He may be best known, however, as a preeminent articulator of the fields of couple and family therapy on the same level of sophistication as Lynn Hoffman.
Born in Elizabeth, New Jersey, in 1948, Dr. Lebow earned his BA, cum laude (1970), MA (1973), and PhD (1974) in clinical psychology from Northwestern University. He performed his clinical internship at the University of Mississippi...
- Lebow, J. L. (in press). Treating the difficult divorce: A practical guide for psychotherapists. Washington, DC: APA Books.Google Scholar
- Lebow, J. L., Chambers, A. L., & Breunlin, D. C. (2017). Encyclopedia of couple and family therapy. New York: Springer (online version).Google Scholar
- Pinsof, W. M., Zinbarg, R. E., Shimokawa, K., Latta, T. A., Goldsmith, J. Z., Knobloch-Fedders, L. M., & Lebow, J. L. (2015). Confirming, validating and norming the factor structure of the STIC initial and intersession. Family Process, 54, 464–484. https://doi.org/10.1111/famp.12159.CrossRefPubMedGoogle Scholar
- Pinsof, W. M., Breunlin, D. C., Russell, W. P., Lebow, J. L., Rampage, C., & Chambers, A. L. (2017). Integrative systemic therapy. Washington, DC: APA Books.Google Scholar
- Sprenkle, D., Davis, S., & Lebow, J. L. (2009). Common factors in couple and family therapy. New York: Guilford.Google Scholar