Dr. Richard or “Rich” Simon is a clinical psychologist and the current editor of the Psychotherapy Networker (formerly The Family Therapy Networker) (Relationships First 2016). He has been the editor for the last 34 years.
Dr. Simon created the Psychotherapy Networker (formerly The Family Therapy Networker) in 1982 (Family Therapy Timeline). Dr. Simon has referred to this online magazine as a “community of practice” (Simon 2011, para. 3). He regularly makes editor’s notes on articles submitted to the Psychotherapy Networker.
Contributions to Profession
During his editorship for the Psychotherapy Networker, Dr. Simon has received many magazine industry awards, even the National Magazine Award, the magazine’s highest honor (Relationships First 2016). Dr. Simon is an author for numerous online courses on the Psychotherapy Networkerwebsite, ranging from “The Healing Power of Emotion” to “Why Neuroscience Matters.” Each course offers to help...
- About Psychotherapy Networker. (n.d.). Retrieved from https://www.psychotherapynetworker.org/Home/AboutUs
- Adventures in Connection. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://jettesimon.com/couples-workshop/
- Family Therapy Timeline. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.abacon.com/famtherapy/time.html
- Psychotherapy Networker. (n.d.) Retrieved from https://www.questia.com/library/p61464/psychotherapy-networker
- Relationships First. (2016). Richard & Jette Simon. Retrieved from http://relationshipsfirst.org/richard-jette-simon/
- Simon, R. (2011). Editor’s note by Rich Simon: Bridging our professional islands. Retrieved from https://www2.psychotherapynetworker.org/magazine/recentissues/2011-mayjune/item/1310-from-the-editor