Dr. Henry Grunebaum was a psychiatrist and clinical professor of Clinical Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School in Boston, Massachusetts (Grunebaum 2003). In addition, he was also a researcher, family therapist, and cofounder of The Couple and Family Clinic in Cambridge, Massachusetts (Beck n.d.). Dr. Grunebaum passed away in 2014 at the age of 87.
Dr. Grunebaum received his BA from Harvard and MD from Harvard Medical School, both degrees cum laude (Grunebaum 2014). During his medical training, he interned at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, completing a residency in pediatrics at the New York Presbyterian Hospital-Cornell Campus and a second residency in psychiatry at Massachusetts Mental Health Center. After completing his residencies, Dr. Grunebaum returned to Harvard Medical School and worked as a clinical professor (Grunebaum 2003). Since 1960, he was a senior psychologist at the Mental Health Center. Dr. Grunebaum has also served as the Director of Group...
- Beck, J. (n.d.). Eulogy. [Web log post]. Retrieved from https://henrygrunebaum.wordpress.com/remembrances/
- Dr. Henry U. Grunebaum. (2014). Retrieved from http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/bostonglobe/obituary.aspx?pid=170671135
- Grunebaum, A. (2003, March). Remembrances of George R. Seaman. Retrieved from http://projectstep.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Henry-Grunebaum.pdf
- Grunebaum, H. U., M.D. (n.d.) Retrieved from https://www.doximity.com/pub/henry-grunebaum-md
- Heru, A. M. (2014). The authentic life of Henry Grunebaum. Retrieved from http://www.mdedge.com/clinicalpsychiatrynews/article/85980/authentic-life-henry-grunebaum