Incentive Mechanism for Crowdsourcing-Based Spectrum Measurement
Spectrum measurement is of great importance to realize the dynamic spectrum sharing framework. To construct the spectrum database, spectrum measurement is needed which measures the power of the spectrum of desired signals. Generally, this operation is performed by dedicated equipments owned by the operators. Crowdsourcing the spectrum measurement tasks to the mobile users is a promising solution to improve the accuracy of the spectrum database in a cost-efficient way.
With the tremendous increase of wireless devices and applications, there is a common belief that we are facing a severe shortage of spectrum resource for wireless communications in the near future. Currently, the spectrum resources below 6 GHz is almost fully allocated to primary users (PUs) in a static and exclusive way, which is highly inefficient. To solve the spectrum crunch, we need a paradigm shift from the static, exclusive-use...
- Chakraborty A, Das SR (2014) Measurement-augmented spectrum databases for white space spectrum. In: Proceedings of the 10th ACM international on conference on emerging networking experiments and technologies. ACM, New York, CoNEXT ’14, pp 67–74. https://doi.org/10.1145/2674005.2675001
- Chen B, Zhang B, Yu JL, Chen Y, Han Z (2017) An indirect reciprocity based incentive framework for cooperative spectrum sensing. In: 2017 IEEE international conference on communications (ICC), pp 1–6. https://doi.org/10.1109/ICC.2017.7996606
- Cressie NA, Cassie NA (1993) Statistics for spatial data. Wiley, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Gao B, Bhattarai S, Park JMJ, Yang Y, Liu M, Zeng K, Dou Y (2016) Incentivizing spectrum sensing in database-driven dynamic spectrum sharing. In: 2016 IEEE conference on computer communications (INFOCOM), pp 1–9. https://doi.org/10.1109/INFOCOM.2016.7524586
- Nika A, Zhang Z, Zhou X, Zhao BY, Zheng H (2014) Towards commoditized real-time spectrum monitoring. In: Proceedings of the 1st ACM workshop on hot topics in wireless. ACM, New York, HotWireless ’14, pp 25–30. https://doi.org/10.1145/2643614.2643615
- Phillips C, Ton M, Sicker D, Grunwald D (2012) Practical radio environment mapping with geostatistics. In: 2012 IEEE international symposium on dynamic spectrum access networks, pp 422–433. https://doi.org/10.1109/DYSPAN.2012.6478166
- Wang X, Umehira M, Li P, Gu Y, Ji Y (2017b) Fine-grained incentive mechanism for sensing augmented spectrum database. In: GLOBECOM 2017 – 2017 IEEE global communications conference, pp 1–6. https://doi.org/10.1109/GLOCOM.2017.8254447
- Wang X, Umehira M, Li P, Gu Y, Ji Y (2017c) Incentivizing crowdsourcing for exclusion zone refinement in spectrum sharing system. In: 2017 23rd Asia-Pacific conference on communications (APCC), pp 1–6. https://doi.org/10.23919/APCC.2017.8303975
- Ying X, Roy S, Poovendran R (2015) Incentivizing crowdsourcing for radio environment mapping with statistical interpolation. In: 2015 IEEE international symposium on dynamic spectrum access networks (DySPAN), pp 365–374. https://doi.org/10.1109/DySPAN.2015.7343932