Privacy Preservation for Location-Based Services
The Location-Based Services (LBS) are information, alerts, or entertainment services that are provided to users according to their geographical and temporal information. Examples of LBS include location-based traffic reports, store finder, advertisements, and entertainments.
With the popularity of location-detection devices (e.g., handled devices equipped with GPS), their holders benefit a lot from LBS applications by receiving specific and useful information based on their location data. As a result, LBSs gain a dramatic development recently and various LBS applications have appeared. According to Shengling et al. (2018), LBSs can be classified into two categories, that is, elementary services and derivative services. Two typical examples of elementary services are navigation and search of Points of Interest (POIs). In navigation, positioning systems embedded in vehicles or handled devices can...
- Anh P, Italo D, Guillaume E, Juan T, Kevin H, Jean-Pierre H (2017) ORide: a privacy-preserving yet accountable ride-hailing service. In: The 26th USENIX security symposium, pp 1235–1252Google Scholar
- Aniket P, Nan Z, Xinwen F, Hyeong-Ah C, Suresh S, Wei Z (2011) Protection of query privacy for continuous location based services. In: IEEE conference on computer communications, pp 1710–1718Google Scholar
- Ben N, Qinghua L, Xiaoyan Z, Guohong C, L H (2014) Achieving k-anonymity in privacy-aware location-based services. In: IEEE conference on computer communications, pp 754–762Google Scholar
- Haibo H, Jianliang X (2009) Non-exposure location anonymity. In: the 25th IEEE international conference on data engineering, pp 1120–1131Google Scholar
- Joseph M, Romit Roy C (2009) Hiding stars with fireworks: location privacy through camouflage. In: the 15th ACM annual international conference on mobile computing and networking, pp 345–356Google Scholar
- Lichuan M, Xuefeng L, Qingqi P, Yong X (2018) Privacy-preserving reputation management for edge computing enhanced mobile crowdsensing. IEEE Trans Serv Comput, Early Access, 1–14. https://doi.org/10.1109/TSC.2018.2825986
- Miguel E A, Nicolas E B, Konstantinos C, Catuscia P (2013) Geo-indistinguishability: differential privacy for location-based systems. In: ACM SIGSAC conference on computer and communications security, pp 901–914Google Scholar
- Russell P, Md Golam K, Xun Y, Elisa B (2013) Privacy-preserving and content-protecting location based queries. IEEE Trans Knowl Data Eng 26:1200–1210Google Scholar
- Shengling W, Qin H, Yunchuan S, Jianhui H (2018) Privacy preservation in location-based services. IEEE Commun Mag 56:134–140Google Scholar
- Wai Kit W, David Wai-lok C, Ben K, Nikos M (2009) Secure kNN computation on encrypted databases. In: ACM SIGMOD international conference on management of data, pp 139–152Google Scholar
- Zi L, Qingqi P, Ian M, Yao L, Haojin Z (2017) Secret key establishment via RSS trajectory matching between wearable devices. IEEE Trans Inf Forensic Secur 13:802–817Google Scholar