- Xiaogang MaAffiliated withDepartment of Computer Science, University of Idaho Email author
People use visualization for information communication. Data visualization is the study of creating visual representations of data, which bears two levels of meaning: the first is to make information visible and the second is to make it obvious for understand. Visualization is a pervasive existence in the data life cycle and recent trends is to promote the use of visualization in data analysis rather than use it only as a way to present the result. Community standards and open source libraries set the foundation for visualization of Big Data, and domain expertise and creative ideas are needed to put standards into innovative applications.
Visualization and Data Visualization
Visualization, in its literal meaning, is the procedure to form a mental picture of something that is not present to the sight (Cohen et al. 2002). People can also illustrate such kind of mental pictures by using various visible m ...
Reference Work Entry Metrics
Date: 2017 (Latest)History
- 2017 (Latest)
- Reference Work Title
- Encyclopedia of Big Data
- pp 1-4
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer International Publishing
- Copyright Holder
- Springer International Publishing AG
- Additional Links
- eBook Packages
- Editor Affiliations
- 1. School of Policy, Government and International Affairs, George Mason University
- 2. School of Policy, Government and International Affairs, George Mason University
- Xiaogang Ma (3)
- Author Affiliations
- 3. Department of Computer Science, University of Idaho, 875 Perimeter Drive MS 1010, Moscow, ID, 83844-1010, USA
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.