Spatial Data Transfer Standard (SDTS)
The Spatial Data Transfer Standard (SDTS) is a standard whose purpose is to promote and facilitate the data exchange of digital geo-referenced spatial data, attributes, and metadata between different computer systems and applications.
The SDTS was first ratified in 1992 by the US Department of Commerce National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) as Federal Information Processing Standards Publication 173. SDTS was then promoted to become a national standard and it was subsequently ratified by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) in 1998 as National Committee for Information Technology Standards (NCITS) 320-1998. SDTS is also endorsed by the Federal Geographic Data Committee...
- Altheide P (1998) Chapter 15 Spatial data transfer standards. In: Hohl P (ed) GIS data conversions. Strategies, techniques, management. Onword Press, Santa Fe, pp 318–354Google Scholar
- American Congress on Surveying and Mapping (1988) The proposed standard for digital cartographic data. Am Cartogr 15(1), entire issueGoogle Scholar
- American National Standards Institute, National Committee for Information Technology Standards: ANSI NCITS 320-1998, Spatial Data Transfer Standard Parts 1–4Google Scholar
- Federal Geographic Data Committee. Components of the national spatial data infrastructure. Information on Geospatial Standards. http://www.fgdc.gov. Viewed on 26 Nov 2006
- Moellering H, Hogan R (1996) Spatial database transfer standards 2: characteristics for assessing standards and full descriptions of the national and international standards in the world. International Cartographic Association. Pergamon, OxfordGoogle Scholar
- Morrison J, Wortman K (1992) Special issue. Implementing the spatial data transfer standard. Cartogr Geogr Inf Syst 19(5), entire issueGoogle Scholar
- National Archives and Records Administration. Acceptable archive formats for digital GIS records. http://www.archives.gov/records-mgmt/initiatives/digital-geospatial-data-records.html. Accessed 26 Nov 2006
- US Geological Survey. Spatial data transfer standard informational website. http://mcmcweb.er.usgs.gov/sdts. Accessed 26 Nov 2006
- Wortman K, Buttenfield B (1994) Special issue. Current developments and use of the spatial data transfer standard. Cartog Geogr Inf Syst 21(3) entire issueGoogle Scholar